How To Delete Apps
If you want to delete apps, uninstall unwanted softwares on your computer: Windows, Mac OS, Linux / Unix, or on your phone device: iOS (iPhone / iPad), Android, follow our tutorial, this is the easiest way to uninstall apps to free up space on all platforms.
How To Uninstall Apps on All Platforms
How to delete apps on Windows
- Click Windows icon at the bottom left of the screen. You can press the Windows button on your keyboard as well.
- Find and right-click the app you need to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
See more about delete apps on Windows.
How to delete apps on Mac
- Locate the app in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder. Or use Spotlight to find the app, then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight (you will go to the application folder).
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
See more about delete apps on Mac.
How to delete apps on Unix / Linux
- Open Terminal . You should see the Terminal app icon on the left side of the screen; if not, click the Ubuntu icon in the top-left corner of the screen, type terminal into the search bar, and click Terminal when it appears.
- Open a list of your currently installed programs.
Type into Terminal, then press ↵ Enter.
- Find the program that you want to uninstall. You'll need to note the official name of the program file rather than the name of the program itself (e.g., "avg.exe" rather than AVG Antivirus).
- Enter the "apt-get" command. Type:
into Terminal—making sure to use the program's actual name instead of "program"—and press ↵ Enter.
- Enter your root password. Type in your superuser password, then press ↵ Enter.
- Confirm the deletion. Type in y and press ↵ Enter. Your program will begin to uninstall itself. Once it finishes, you can close Terminal.
See more about delete apps on Unix / Linux.
How to delete apps on iOS (iPhone / iPad)
- Long-press an app icon without lifting your finger. The menu will vanish, and app icons will start jiggling.
- Tap the "x" button for an app icon and tap "Delete" to confirm.
- Tap "Done" in the top right corner of your screen when you're done.
See more about delete apps on iOS (iPhone / iPad).
How to delete apps on Android
- Find the app you need to deleted. If it isn't on the home screen, it can be found in all apps.
- Long-press an app icon you need to delete without lifting your finger until you see "Uninstall" box appear.
- Tap "Uninstall".
- Tap "OK" when you see the confirmation dialog "Do you want to uninstall this app". The app will be uninstalled shortly.
See more about delete apps on Android.